Iowa Employment Conference
Since 2006, the Iowa Employment Conference has been THE source for classroom instruction covering topics in the areas of employment, training, benefits & wellness education.
The mission of the Iowa Employment Conference is to deliver affordable conferences that provide the opportunity to develop professionally as well as receive continuing education credits through multiple professional associations such as:
- Human Resource Certification Institute Credits
- Society for Human Resource Management Professional Development Credits
- American Payroll Recertification Credit Hours
- Continuing Legal Education Credits
- Continuing Professional Education Credits
- Iowa Municipal Finance Officers Association Certification
- Iowa Licensed Insurance Producers Continuing Education
Spring Conference: This conference is the largest of its kind, in the state of Iowa, offering over 50 informative, interactive and educational sessions delivered by some of the top employment lawyers, payroll professionals, workforce development leaders and many others, from Iowa and surrounding states. It remains an essential event for those who want to stay up-to-date and compliant with the latest developments in labor and employment law, best practices, healthcare reform, how-to’s, wellness and analysis and trends, and more.
Fall Conference: This one-day conference highlights a hot topic that’s currently affecting employers. It’s a perfect choice for professionals wanting to gain more in-depth knowledge on a specific employment topic that is relevant to their current or future role or that they simply want to learn more.
Let’s Get Social!
WHERE & WHEN IS THE CONFERENCE?
The 2020 Iowa Employment Conference takes place at the Meadows Events & Conference Center on April 8-9, 2020.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who is interested in learning from proven successful industry experts.
- Benefit Specialist
- Business Owners
- Certified Public Accountants
- HR Professionals
- Insurance Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Municipal Employees
- Payroll Professionals
- Risk Managers
- Wellness Professionals
WHY YOU MUST ATTEND?
- MEET your academic hero’s, experts & influencers face to face
- Choose from educational sessions to ENHANCE YOUR CAREER POTENTIAL
- IMPROVE your communication skills
- BOUNCE IDEAS off of your peers
- Earn valuable EDUCATIONAL CREDITS you can apply toward your certification requirements
- Feel the ENERGY of like-minded individuals
- BREAK OUT of your comfort zone
- Receive new TOOLS
- LEARN the newest employment laws
- REGAIN your focus
- Greatly improve PRODUCTIVITY
- LEARN from our subject matter experts
- GAIN information on current topics you can apply immediately on the job
- Meet exhibitors eager to share their product and service KNOWLEDGE with you
- NETWORK with peers – get to know others in your field
- HAVE FUN!
WHAT EXAMPLES OF TOPICS COVERED?
Below are a few topics we have covered in the past:
- Employment Law Updates
- Discipline & Discharge
- Social Media
- FMLA & ADA
- Healthcare Benefits
- OSHA Inspections
- Employee Relations
- Workplace Wellness
- Multi-generational Workforce
- Employee Assistance Program
- National Labor Relations Act
- Workplace Gender Transition
- Employee Benefits
- Wage and Hour Laws
- Drug Testing