We seek presenters to share their expertise as well as inspire the attendees. The goal is for presenters to give attendees the tools necessary to develop and grow professionally. Topics are selected based on member surveys, success of past events, timeliness of topics and relevance of topic to our audience.
Each session has different goals, objectives and audiences. Iowa Employment Conference (IEC) will decide the best fit for the speakers and presentation topics. The intent and goal of the conference provided by Iowa Employment Conference (IEC) is:
- Provide attendees with opportunities for practical and up-to-date information, training and education on topics of interest
- Provide professional continuing education credits through our accreditations with SHRM, HRCI, APA, CLE, CE, IMFOA & CPE
- Provide attendees with direct access to subject matter experts
- Provide the opportunity to increase their exposure in the community
- Provide attendees with access to high quality, knowledgeable speakers
- Facilitate the professional and personal development and growth of our attendees
- Encourage networking opportunities to all
- Provide high quality educational presentations
- Engage attendees through audience participation and discussion
- Coordinate with staff regarding any special equipment needs
- Provide a picture, biography, topic summary, and top three takeaways for marketing purposes
- Ensure the session is not perceived as an infomercial
- Promote your participation in the event on your social media sites
- Provide own printed pieces and/or promotional collateral
- All travel expenses and cost associated with presentations made at the IEC event are the sole responsibility of the presenter
IOWA EMPLOYMENT CONFERENCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aggressively promote the event, speakers, and presentations topics through a variety of communication networks:
- IEC Web Site
- Announcements at other IEC events
- E-mail announcements
- IEC social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- Register participants
- Coordinate with speaker regarding special equipment and material needs for the event
It is IEC’s goal to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by professional presenters. IEC attendees represent a broad spectrum of disciplines ranging from all levels of human resource professionals, municipalities, accounting professionals, insurance professionals, payroll professionals and many other disciplines which require educational growth and certifications. IEC attendees are from a variety of industries and companies that range from 5 – 50k+ employees.
* Session proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please complete the “Speaker Registration Form” to submit your information and proposed topic details to IEC committee for consideration by due date.
Your input is valued and will be carefully considered by our IEC committee. IEC will notify applicants via email of their decision by the due date on “Speaker Registration Form”. We appreciate all submissions and if you are not selected for this upcoming program year, we welcome you to submit again for the following year. Opportunities will be afforded first to session themes (Employment, Training, Benefits & Wellness) and then speakers that fit those themes for a designated session.
All RFP’s will be considered if submitted by date required on “Speaker Registration Form”. Late submissions will be selected as needed.
IEC welcomes your input and would love to hear your session ideas for one of our upcoming events. We are constantly on the lookout for new speakers.